New & Used 40 foot Shipping Containers For Sale | Get Free Quote
- Compare Up To 5 Shipping Containers Suppliers Quotes For New & Used 40 foot Shipping Containers For Sale. 100% Free.
- It takes less than a minute to fill.
- No obligation to buy.
Note: Shipping Containers are commonly referred to by several names, including Storage Containers, Freight Containers, Cargo Containers, Intermodal Containers, Conex Containers, Conex Boxes, and others.
Are you in the market for a versatile and spacious storage solution? A 40ft shipping container might be exactly what you need. These containers have become increasingly popular for various purposes, from storage and transport to being repurposed as housing, offices, or retail spaces.
What is a 40ft Shipping Container?
A 40ft shipping container is a large, rectangular metal box traditionally used to transport goods by sea, rail, or road. These containers are designed to withstand harsh conditions, keeping your belongings safe and secure. They typically measure 40 feet long, 8 feet wide, and 8.5 feet high, offering ample space for storage or other purposes.
Types of 40ft Shipping Containers
There are several types of 40ft shipping containers, each suited for different needs. Some of the most common types include:
- Standard 40ft Shipping Container: This is the most common type of container, featuring a standard height of 8.5 feet.
- High Cube 40ft Shipping Container: These containers offer an additional foot of height (9.5 feet), providing extra storage space.
- Open Top 40ft Shipping Container: Ideal for transporting oversized items, these containers feature a removable top.
- Flat Rack 40ft Shipping Container: With collapsible sides, flat racks are perfect for transporting heavy or wide loads.
- Refrigerated 40ft Shipping Container: Also known as “reefers,” these containers maintain a specific temperature, making them ideal for perishable goods.
Benefits of 40ft Shipping Containers
40ft shipping containers offer numerous advantages, such as:
- Durability: Made from high-quality steel, they can withstand extreme weather conditions and last for many years.
- Security: Their sturdy construction makes them difficult to break into, protecting your valuable items.
- Versatility: These containers can be used for various purposes, from storage and transportation to being repurposed for residential or commercial use.
- Cost-effective: Compared to traditional storage solutions, shipping containers are often more affordable in the long run.
- Eco-friendly: Repurposing a used shipping container reduces waste and is an excellent way to promote sustainability.
40ft Shipping Containers Dimensions, Weight, And More
|Specification||40ft Shipping Container|
|External Dimensions||Length: 40ft (12.19m)|
|Width: 8ft (2.44m)|
|Height: 8.5ft (2.59m)|
|Internal Dimensions||Length: 39ft 5in (12.03m)|
|Width: 7ft 8in (2.35m)|
|Height: 7ft 10in (2.39m)|
|Tare Weight||8,160 lbs (3,700 kg)|
|Max Payload||58,930 lbs (26,730 kg)|
|Gross Weight||67,200 lbs (30,480 kg)|
|Square Footage||304 sq ft (28.24 sq m)|
|Cubic Capacity||2,391 cu ft (67.67 cu m)|
|Door Opening Width||7ft 8in (2.34m)|
|Door Opening Height||7ft 6in (2.28m)|
|Floor Material||Marine-grade plywood|
Please note that the specifications provided are for a standard 40ft shipping container.
40 foot Shipping Containers Usage
|On-Site Storage||Secure storage for equipment, inventory, or personal belongings at construction sites, retail locations, or residential properties.||Construction equipment storage, excess inventory, seasonal items|
|Temporary Office Spaces||Create mobile office spaces for construction sites, events, or temporary work locations.||Site offices, event management, disaster response headquarters|
|Workshops||Set up a workshop for various trades such as woodworking, metalworking, or automotive repair.||Woodworking shop, automotive garage, fabrication workshop|
|Container Homes||Build affordable, eco-friendly, and modular homes using 40ft shipping containers as a base structure.||Single or multi-container homes, guesthouses, vacation rentals|
|Pop-Up Shops or Restaurants||Transform 40ft containers into unique, portable retail or food service spaces for events or temporary installations.||Retail stores, coffee shops, food trucks|
|Mobile Art Galleries or Studios||Use containers as traveling exhibition spaces for artists or as personal art studios.||Art exhibitions, photography studios, sculpture workshops|
|Emergency Shelters or Medical Units||Quickly deploy emergency housing or medical facilities in disaster-stricken areas or during humanitarian relief efforts.||Temporary housing, field hospitals, first aid stations|
|Hydroponic or Urban Farming||Convert 40ft containers into climate-controlled, sustainable farming units for urban environments or small-scale agriculture.||Hydroponic farms, vertical gardens, mushroom cultivation|
|Military and Defense Applications||Provide secure storage or temporary facilities for military personnel and equipment in various field operations.||Ammo storage, mobile command centers, barracks|
|Climate-Controlled Storage||Insulate and modify containers to maintain consistent temperature and humidity levels for storing sensitive goods, like wine or art.||Wine storage, document archives, art preservation|
Please note that the uses mentioned in this table are not exhaustive, and 40ft shipping containers can be adapted for numerous other applications depending on the specific needs and requirements of the user.
Several factors can affect the price of a 40ft shipping container, including:
- Age and condition
- Material (steel or aluminum)
- Type of container
- Modifications or customizations
- Delivery location and fees
It’s essential to compare prices from multiple suppliers to get the best deal possible.
Can I legally live in a 40ft shipping container?
This depends on local regulations and zoning laws. Always check with your local authorities before converting a shipping container into a residence.
How much does a 40ft shipping container weigh?
A standard 40ft shipping container typically weighs around 8,000 pounds when empty. The weight can vary depending on the container’s type and material.
What is the maximum payload of a 40ft shipping container?
A 40ft shipping container can hold a maximum payload of approximately 59,000 pounds, depending on its construction and type.